Today, I want to check off my list one of the classics, the Whiskey Sour cocktail.
It's simple, easy to make and goes down well on nearly any occasion.
I'm going to start by giving you an introduction to what the whiskey sour is and some information then we will kick it off by making one with the recipe.
When making any sour, a balance of sweet and citrus making it a great spirit.
The cocktail is a well-shaken mixture of Angostura bitters, Lemon Juice, Bulleit Bourbon, sugar syrup and garnished with lemon in a short glass of ice.
To add the citrus bite to the drink we will be adding an egg white to the whiskey which is known as a Boston Sour.
Whiskey Sour Background
The Whiskey Sour first made its appearance in 1870 printed in the Wisconsin newspaper.
Since it's revealed in 1870 it hasn't changed all that much, it's a simple mixture, hard to change really.
Now you know a little more about the whiskey we will be making let's jump into actually putting together this simple cocktail.
- 50ml. Bulleit® Bourbon
- 25ml. Lemon Juice
- 10ml. Sugar Syrup
- 2piece(s) Egg White
- 1wedge(s) Lemon
- 1dash(es) Angostura Bitters
- Fill your shaker with purified ice cubes
- Use a jigger to measure out your bourbon, sugar syrup, lemon juice, and a dash of angostura bitter then add it to your shaker
- Shake well then add 2 egg whites, continue to shake vigorously eventually the shakers surface will become cold
- Use a strainer to strain into a glass of your choice, our recommendation is a short glass
- Always garnish your cocktails, use a lemon cut into a wedge and place it on the lip of the glass
- Short glass
I hope you enjoyed this as much as we did, as always let us know what you think about the drink and how you would change it to make a new variation!