We’re going to give you a recipe for making Watermelon Jello shots that will teach you everything you need to know about making these incredibly popular alcoholic party treats. From there, however, your imagination is the limit.
Jello shots are basically alcohol filled chunks of flavoured gelatin. The secret to their success, however, is in the presentation.
The easiest way to serve a Jello shot is in a small plastic cup or shooter glass. These can be made more appealing by placing a piece of fruit on top that either matches or complements the flavour of your Jello.
But…it can be hard to scoop the Jello out of a little cup with any dignity, so lots of people use fruit skins to serve their Jello shots. Try scooping out a lime, an orange, or even a watermelon and place your Watermelon Jello Shot inside the skin or husk to set.
You can also get really creative with the flavours. Try mixing complementary tastes to make a Strawberry Watermelon shot by using a package of each. Flavoured Vodkas are also terrific for boosting flavour.
So, let’s start with the basics: A straight-up Watermelon Jello shot.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 boxes of watermelon Jello powder
- 2 cups of boiling water
- 1 cup of cold water
- 1 cup of cold Vodka
- Empty 2 boxes of Jello powder into a large glass bowl.
- Add 2 cups of boiling water and stir until the powder is disolved.
- Add cold water and chilled Vodka.
- Fill 24 60ml plastic cups or shooter glasses with the cooling Jello mixture.
- Place in the fridge to set for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Large glass bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Boiling water
- 24 60ml cups or shooter glasses