There’s a drink called a White Gummy Bear, which is a Vodka and Schnapps shooter that can be made to taste like different coloured gummy bears. That recipe, however, doesn’t include actual gummy bears in the list of ingredients.
Here, we’re going to give you a recipe for Vodka Gummy Bears. That’s right, we’re going to show you how to make little Vodka flavoured Gummy Bears of your very own.
You don’t need to use the most expensive Vodka on the market, but don’t use the cheapest one either. A cheap Vodka may cause the gummies to disintegrate, and you want them to retain a slightly firm texture as they soak.
If you love your Vodka bears, try the same recipe using cola gummies and Rum. Mmmmm.
Here’s what you need:
- 2lbs of Gummy Bears
- Place the gummy bears in a glass bowl. Don’t use plastic as it will give your bears an unpleasant aftertaste. Don’t use a mason jar as the mixture needs to “breathe”.
- Cover with Vodka. Make sure to add just enough to cover the gummy bears, and no more.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Place in the fridge. You can leave your bowl at room temperature, but refrigeration will make the end product firmer and easier to spear with a cocktail fork.
- Leave to soak for at least 24 hours. The gummy bears should almost double in size by the time they’re ready to serve.
- Do a taste test after 24 hours. You can leave them in for another 12 hours if you want a stronger Vodka taste, or if there is still a considerable amount of Vodka remaining in the bowl.
- Transfer with a slotted spoon to a clean bowl and serve with cocktail forks.
- Two glass bowls
- Slotted spoon
- Plastic wrap