In modern times, especially after the 1990s, vodka has ascended to become one of the most popular liquors in the world. Millions of people around the world have found all sorts of ways to create amazing cocktails from the clear liquor, and this often includes combining it with their favorite fruits and juices.
The Vanilla Rose has a unique flavor because it chooses the more aromatic flavors of rosemary and lavender, that give it a more sophisticated feel.
- 2 ounces of rosemary-infused vodka
- ¾ ounce of dry vermouth
- ½ ounce of lavender simple syrup
- 1 dash of fresh lemon juice
- ½ vanilla bean
- Mixing glass
- Muddling spoon
- Cocktail glass
- Chop half a vanilla bean into small pieces (width-wise) and place in a mixing glass.
- Add the lavender simple syrup and then muddle the bean.
- Fill the mixing glass with ice, and add the vodka and vermouth.
- Shake well.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass, or serve on the rocks.
A lemon twist or wedge is a common garnish for the vanilla rose. For those that donât know, the flavor isnât simply limited to cocktails. Believe it or not, there are perfumes, cakes, scents, teas, ice creams, cupcakes, and ice creams by the same name. There are variations on the drink as well, with a dessert version of the cocktail adding a white chocolate flavor, to mix with the aromatic flavors already present. For those who are fans of DIY, one can actually make their own rosemary-infused vodka instead of purchasing it, and also do the same with the lavender simple syrup. Regardless, instead of the typical vodka and fruit combination; this is the perfect drink to switch things up and make things a little more complex and unique. Enjoy one today, and you just might grow to love it!