Everyone is always striving to make a new dynamic summer cocktail, so it’s only right that the quest continue. Nothing says summer more than lemonade and fruit punch, right? So it was only so long before both were incorporated into a new cocktail of some sort.
This is a great way to blend some flavors into a new summer cocktail to impress the crowd for your next summer party or barbecue. The watermelon and parsley add a little upscale splash to the drink for some sophistication.
- 1 ½ ounces of vodka
- ¾ ounce of lemon juice
- ¾ ounce of agave nectar
- 1 slice of watermelon
- Parsley leaves (amount based on preference)
- One splash of sparkling pink lemonade
- Fruit(s) to garnish
- Muddle the watermelon and parsley in a cocktail shaker to start.
- Add the lemon juice, nectar, vodka, and sparkling pink lemonade, ice, and shake well.
- Rim the cocktail glass with sugar.
- Strain the cocktail into the glass.
- Top with sparkling link lemonade.
- Garnish, if desired, with your choice of fruit(s).
- Cocktail shaker
- Cocktail glass
- Muddling spoon
It should be noted that the sparkling pink lemonade is really what serves to separate the cocktail, and offer something different. While it is a great addition, if you cannot readily find sparkling pink lemonade: have no fear! Simply buy pink lemonade and add club soda to achieve the desired effect. The amount of parsley is pure preference, as one can choose anywhere from one to five leaves to determine the exact flavor that they want. For the sake of variety, one can garnish with all sorts of summer-themed fruits, whether they are strawberries, pineapples, cherries, or something else. Ultimately, this is a great way to enjoy a summer cocktail that really serves as a punch to serve a large amount of people. On a hot summer day, it can truly be the refreshing way to enjoy a cocktail!