The spiced silver bell is not your average cocktail, as it combines tequila, winter spices, as well as ginger beer, none of which are combined very often. Because of the winter spices and the warmth that the tequila provides, it is often associated with holidays.
The cranberry spiced syrup, of course, help to drive that theme home, as cranberry is often associated with Thanksgiving, a winter holiday. This particular simple syrup can be used in other cocktails as well, to spice up many other cocktails.
- 1 ½ ounces of Camerena Silver Tequila
- ½ ounce of lime juice
- ½ ounce of cranberry spice syrup
- 2 ounces of ginger beer
- Lime wheel
- Place 1.5 ounces of brown sugar, ¾ cup of water, 4 cinnamon sticks, 1 teaspoon of whole allspice, 1 teaspoon of whole clove, 1 tablespoon of orange zest, 1 cup of fresh cranberries – in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Stir occasionally, until cranberry skins begin to pop, and easily mash with the back of the stirring spoon.
- Mash the cranberries, but just enough that the syrup is still viscuous, and not completely liquid.
- Remove from heat.
- Strain into heat proof container. Allow to cool, and refrigerate.
- Pour the ingredients into a cocktail glass filled with ice.
- Stir well.
- Garnish with a lime wheel.
- Stirring spoon
- Heat-proof container
- Cocktail glass
The Bell is typically served in a double old-fashioned. It should also be noted that it is most commonly associated with Camerena tequila, although technically any tequila would suffice. It is of note that it can be a more intense drink, since it combines tequila, syrup, AND ginger beer, it is not as light as other summer cocktails. Of course, for those who are fans of the cranberry flavor, it is only right that they are introduced to one of the few cocktails that actually incorporate its taste. Regardless, the drink is a great option for a winter or holiday party where you want to keep your guests feeling warm and homely.