Here’s another cocktail named after a famous song, keeping company with the likes of Moon River, Jailhouse on the Rocks, and Purple Rain.
The P.S. I Love You is actually a dessert masquerading as a cocktail. It is pure creamy deliciousness that combines your yearning for sweets with an after-dinner coffee. If you crumble a flake bar over the top, you’ve pretty much got all your essential food groups in a single cocktail glass.
If you don’t have a blender, you can alter the P.S. I Love You recipe by combining the ingredients in a cocktail shaker, and then straining the mixture over ice into a short glass. If there’s one available, however, we highly recommend that you take our advice and use the blender.
If you’re going to indulge, you’re going to want to do it right.
- 20ml White Rum
- 20ml Amaretto
- 15ml Kahlua
- 20ml Bailey’s Irish Cream
- 150ml Cream
- Flake chocolate bar (or nutmeg) for garnish
- Put four ice cubes into a blender.
- Add all ingredients except the flake bar.
- Blend until the ice is completely integrated into the liquid.
- Place one ice cube in an old-fashioned glass, or use a cocktail glass if you prefer not to add ice.
- Pour the mixture from the blender into your chosen glass.
- Garnish by crumbling some of the flake bar on top of the drink. If you’re not a chocolate lover, use a pinch of nutmeg instead.
- Old Fashioned glass or cocktail glass.