Serves 8 Preparation time: 35 minutes
A sparkling pineapple-lime rum punch with a Lucky Charms rim.
- 1 Bunch fresh mint, remove stems and set some aside for garnish
- 2 pkg Lemon-lime flavour unsweetened drink mix or lime jelly crystals
- 2 qt. (8 cups) Pineapple juice, chilled
- 1 Bottle (2 L) carbonated lemon-lime soda, chilled
- 1 Bottle (750 ml) white rum, optional
- 2 Lemons, sliced
- 3 Limes, sliced
- 8 Bite sized crunchy marshmallows
- 2 Tablespoons of honey
- Make the punch: Muddle mint with Kool-Aid in punch bowl or pitcher.
- Add pineapple juice; stir until mix is dissolved.
- Stir in soda, rum and fruit just before serving.
- Decorative glass rims: place crunchy marshmallows in a zip lock bag and crush into small pieces. Pour out onto a plate and set aside. Pour honey on to a plate. Dip glasses in honey then in crushed marshmallows.
Pour punch carefully into rimmed glasses, add a few extra slices of citrus and a sprig of mint for each.