Ever craved a lemon meringue pie in a glass? That’ll get you buzzed as a bonus too? Then the Lemon Meringue Martini was made for you. Just like the pie, the Lemon Meringue Martini is a creamy concoction, and equally delicious to boot. Dessert lovers who also love cocktails have been creating dessert-themed cocktails since quite a few years, and the variety of these sweet and creamy drinks is growing by the day. However, like its pie version.
This sweet and creamy Martini is the best way to enjoy a great party, where you can even skip the dessert and go straight to the cocktail, because it is a 2-in-1! It’s not really known precisely who converted one of the world’s favourite classic desserts into cocktail form, but its cocktail derivation swiftly became a favourite for many as well.
If you wish to keep the celebratory spirit going well into the night hours, or want to get into the celebratory spirit yourself, then there’s no better cocktail than this scrumptious drink. This classic is usually created when whipped cream-flavoured vodka is mixed in with Limoncello, and the rich creamy texture of the drink deceptively conceals the hidden potency of this drink.
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 30 ml whipped cream-flavoured Smirnoff Vodka
- 60 ml Limoncello
- 30 ml half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon sorbet
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Rub lemon wedge around the rim of a martini glass, then dip the rim in course sugar and set aside for later.
- Fill a cocktail shaker three-fourths of the way up with ice cubes
- Pour the Limoncello, vodka, cream, lemon juice and sorbet into the shaker
- Cover and shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds, or until condensation appears on the outside of the shaker
- Strain into the prepared martini glass
- Lemon wedge
- Course white and yellow sugar
- Cocktail shaker
- Ice cubes
- Martini glass