Jungle Juice is really just a catch-all for good old-fashioned alcoholic fruit punch. Your imagination (and taste) are the only limits to how creative you can get with the ingredients.
Here are a few tips for you before you get started:
- Don’t add ice to your punch bowl. This will melt quickly and dilute your fruit juices, making the brew watery and thin.
- Soak your fruit in your alcohol mixture for at least 3 hours before serving. This will soften the fruit and increase its absorbance of the alcohol.
- If you are using soda, add it at the last minute so that it doesn’t go flat before your guests have a chance to enjoy their cocktail.
- You’re going to be making a BIG batch of drinks. If you have left-overs, keep them in the fridge in an airtight container. The alcohol will preserve the fruit for several days.
Were going to give you the recipe for a really good Watermelon and Strawberry Jungle Juice with Vodka. You can use the ratios of fruit, alcohol and juice to guide your own creations once you’ve mastered the basics.
Be sure to let us know at liquor online if you come up with something that’d put hair on Tarzan’s chest or bring Mowgli in from the jungle.
- 750ml Watermelon Schnapps
- 750ml Strawberry Schnapps
- 750ml Smirnoff Red Label Vodka
- 6 cans of concentrated strawberry lemonade mix
- 2lts Ginger Ale
- 1 watermelon
- 1 Lb strawberries
- 3 Limes
- Pour the Watermelon Schnapps, Strawberry Schnapps and Vodka into a large punch bowl.
- Mix the strawberry lemonade mix according to the instructions on the can.
- Add the strawberry lemonade to the punch bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Cut the watermelon into small cubes and remove the pips.
- Slice the strawberries in half, removing the stems and cores.
- Place the fruit in the drink mix and let it soak for several hours.
- Keep the bowl well chilled in the fridge.
- Add the ginger ale immediately prior to serving.
- Decorate with slices of lime
- Sharp Knife
- Cutting Board
- Punch Bowl
- Punch glasses
- Cold Water