Hello Kitty is basically a marketing brand, invented in Japan and introduced to the United States in the mid-1970s. She is more of a logo than an actual character, although several television shows in Japan would beg to differ. Whatever she is, Hello Kitty related products are worth about 7 billion dollars in annual global sales.
It’s not surprising, therefore, that a drink has been created in Hello Kitty’s honor. Naturally, it’s a pink one. The cat wears a trademark pink bow on her head, so the drink could hardly be any other color.
The Hello Kitty Drink recipe requires strawberry puree, which is easy to make at home. Slice and core a pound of strawberries and place the pieces in a food blender. Add two tablespoons of sugar and a teaspoon of lemon juice. Blend until smooth and pour into an airtight container. The mixture will keep for about a week if refrigerated and is more than enough to make several Hello Kitty drinks.
- 30ml Grapefruit Vodka
- 15ml Watermelon Schnapps
- 45ml Strawberry Puree
- 15ml Lime juice
- 7ml Sweet and Sour Mix
- 60ml Lemon-Lime soda
- Wedge of lemon
- Piece of watermelon for garnish
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add the Grapefruit Vodka, Watermelon Schnapps, Strawberry Puree, lime juice and sweet & sour mix.
- Shake vigorously.
- Rub the rim of a glass goblet with a lemon wedge and dip in sugar.
- Place two ice cubes in the goblet and pour in the contents of the cocktail shaker.
- Top up with lemon-lime soda.
- Garnish with a small piece of watermelon.
- Cocktail shaker
- Glass goblet