Making a Flaming Lamborghini Cocktail is just plain fun. It’s named after any number of spectacular crashes on the Formula 1 racing circuit, and is just as dramatic to observe. Lamborghini smash-ups have inexplicably become a YouTube sensation, and there are literally dozens which result in a flaming ball of fire.
There are several cocktails that are designed to be set on fire. Nobody is too sure when the practice started, but the bohemians in France were setting their Absinthe drinks alight over a hundred years ago. The best flammable concoctions include either Vodka or Sambuca as both produce brilliant blue flames. Other favourites include cocktails with Grand Marnier because the smell is absolutely delicious.
As with anything else you set on fire, be a bit careful with your fingers and eyebrows. Make sure to use a straw, and DON’T try to pick up the glass and drink the cocktail straight up. I’m sure you’re all just rolling your eyes, but you’d be surprised…or maybe not.
Here’s what you need:
- 30ml Kahlua
- 30ml Sambuca
- 30ml Blue Curacao
- 30ml Bailey’s Irish Cream
- Pour the Kahlua and Sambuca into a cocktail glass.
- Pour the Blue Curacao and Bailey’s Irish Cream into two separate shot glasses.
- Position the shot glasses on either side of the cocktail glass.
- Light a match and set the liquid in the cocktail glass on fire.
- Drink the contents of the cocktail glass through a straw, usually in one go.
- When the drink is almost finished, empty the two shot glasses in to douse the flames.
- Finish the cocktail savouring all four flavours in the warm cocktail glass.