Elvis was known for his love of fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches, and wasn’t one to pass on the bacon. Unsurprisingly, therefore, this tribute cocktail pays homage to an iconic legend in the years when his pelvis wasn’t quite so nimble.
There’s a “cheat” version if what follows looks daunting. You can just mix equal parts of Bailey’s Irish Cream, Chambord and Frangelico. But if you really want to drink this cocktail in the manner it was meant to be enjoyed, you’re going to have to get out the bacon fat.
- 30ml of bacon fat-washed 100 proof Whisky
- 12ml peanut-butter infused Amaretto liqueur
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 pinch of Applewood smoked sea salt
- Add ½ Tbs of clarified bacon fat to 250ml of Whisky in a mason jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Shake until ingredients are combined then place in the freezer.
- Leave it to freeze for 4-16 hours, depending on how intense you want the bacon flavour.
- Strain the mixture until the Whiskey is clear.
- Add ½ Tbs of creamy peanut butter to 125ml of Amaretto in a mason jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Shake until combined and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Strain until smooth.
- Pour 1tsp of maple syrup into the bottom of a shooter glass.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add infused Whisky and infused Amaretto.
- Shake for 10 seconds.
- Strain over the tail of a cocktail spoon into the shooter glass.
- Finish with a pinch of Applewood smoked sea salt.