Champagne punch is exactly what it sounds like, a fruity, fizzy, combination of fun and pleasure that is perfect for a large get-together. Just like any punch, it is often served in a large bowl, rather than in individual cocktails.
The same way that sangria is often contained in a large bowl for anyone to take from, instead of individually given from behind a bar – the champagne punch is a great solution for a light alcoholic drink for a large party. It is most associated with autumn and winter, and perfect for Christmas (light drink) and New Year’s (always associated with champagne) parties. Of course, it doesn’t necessarily need to be the holidays to enjoy one – it could be an office party or a housewarming, or any occasion.
- 2 cups of pomegranate juice
- 1.5 cups of cranberry juice
- 3 tables of cinnamon syrup
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 cup of vodka (citrus vodka if preferred)
- 1 (750 ML) bottle of champagne
- 1.5 cups of ginger ale (optional)
- Pour ice in a punch bowl.
- Add the ingredients, except for the alcohol and soda.
- Stir the ingredients to blend it into a fruity mixture.
- Slowly add the ginger ale (or soda), and the champagne, while stirring.
- Add more fruit, as preferred.
- Punch bowl
- Punch ladle
- Champagne flutes or cocktail glasses
The fruit slices that you add in the champagne punch should be seasonal, so that they work for whatever time you are having your party. It is also important to decide whether you want the added carbonation of the soda, and to decide on the ultimate taste of the punch by deciding between dry and sweet champagnes. It’s also much better to use a frozen ice ring for the punch, rather than pouring the fruit juices over crushed ice, for example. This drink is a great way to have the celebratory vibe of a champagne, but mix it with fruit fit for the season to make sure that the celebration is still festive and casual. Feel free to garnish with all of your favorite fruits, as long as they make the punch taste better. The great thing about punch is that you can always keep a non-alcoholic bowl, for families with kids, or for those that don’t drink. Champagne punch is great for any party – make a bowl and drink responsibly!