There is no limit to the number of cocktails that have been inspired by Caribbean beaches, and the spirit of absolute freedom and relaxation one feels at a Caribbean getaway. The Caribbean Dream cocktail is among those names, and is a long-heralded fruit cocktail classic, not just at the beach, but anytime you want to take your taste buds on a Caribbean vacation while stuck at home.
No Caribbean-inspired cocktail is complete with Rum, and Rum is the star of this drink as well – Coconut Rum being the most ideal and befitting choice. Add to that the classic Caribbean fruit flavours of citrusy, tangy orange, sweet peach or pineapple with a hint of sour, and a splash of grenadine or cranberry juice to create that classic sunrise or sunset sky gradient with the overall orange tones of the drink.
This visually appealing and delectable cocktail may have Caribbean roots but can be enjoyed around the world because thanks to its popularity, most bartenders are familiar with its easy recipe. The Caribbean Dream cocktail is ideally enjoyed under the sun, whether you are by the beach, or lazing near a pool, or simply enjoying a brunch with friends. It is a sweet, refreshing cocktail that embraces more of an adventurous persona, and isn’t too potent either. Lovers of tropical cocktails should definitely order a Caribbean Dream next time, or better yet, prepare this easy-to-make drink at home.
- 60 ml Orange Juice
- 30 ml Coconut Rum (Malibu)
- 30 ml Peach Schnapps
- Splash of Grenadine
- Add ice to cocktail shaker
- Separately, fill a large cocktail glass with ice all the way up
- Add all ingredients except grenadine into the shaker and shake briskly with ice
- Strain on top of the ice in the cocktail glass
- Slowly drop a splash of grenadine into the mixture so it settles at the bottom and works its way up
- Garnish with an Orange circular slice
- Large cocktail glass
- Ice cubes
- Orange circular slice for garnish