There are few drinks that have been created to celebrate a festival, but the Bourbon Beer Barbecue is one of those drinks, and there is an annual festival by the same name that celebrates these three staples.
Truthfully, nothing really says summer more than some food on the grill, a cold beer, and some bourbon to kick things up a notch. The first thing everyone should know is that this drink is definitely not for everyone, but is a fun way to celebrate the summer. You never know, you just might end up liking it!
- 1 19-ounce bottle of barbecue sauce
- 19 ounces of hot water
- 1 ½ ounces of bourbon whiskey
- 1 ounce of honey whiskey liqueur
- ¼ a whole orange
- 1 12-ounce bottle of Hefeweizen beer
- Boil the hot water in a pot.
- Combine the hot water and barbecue sauce in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk until it is fully incorporated.
- Either let it sit, or refrigerate, depending on your preference.
- Pour the liquors and BBQ water into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake well.
- Strain into a cocktail glass.
- Pour the Hefeweizen into a cocktail shaker, then shake until foamy.
- Spoon the beer foam onto the cocktail as a garnish.
- Mixing bowl
- Cocktail shaker
- Cocktail glass
Many cocktails incorporate beer and liquor together, but few drinks actually use beer as a garnish but thats what makes the BBB drink so unique. Of course, the BBQ Water is what may stop many people from imbibing this particular creation. Its probably best to reserve this drink for those who TRULY love barbecues, as there are many people who would rather not drink anything with barbecue sauce in it. However, for hardcore barbecue fans, whether you are at the festival or not, drink up and enjoy!