While bananas are popular in general – some people don’t realize just how popular they are. In fact, they have been part of our diets as human beings as years – as there is evidence that we have included them in our diet as early as 500 B.C! In fact, over 100 billion bananas are eaten each year, which makes it – you guessed it: the most popular fruit in the world.
As a result, a banana split has become an American tradition, that originated in Latrobe, Pennsylvania, in 1904, and has been popularized over the following decades through companies like Walgreen’s promoting it as a signature dessert. There is a banana pie martini – and the dessert is arguably more popular than banana pies – so why wouldn’t there be a banana split martini? Well, there is.
- 2 ounces white chocolate liqueur
- 1 fluid ounce strawberry vodka
- ½ teaspoon chocolate syrup
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add the liqueur and vodka over the ice,
- Top it off with the crème de banana liqueur and chocolate syrup to make the drink sweet.
- Cover and shake the ingredients until the outside is frosted.
- Strain the resulting concoction into a chilled glass.
- Cocktail shaker
- Martini glass
Banana splits are amazing – and bananas are amazing. The world agrees, and have been agreeing for thousands of years. Whatever your preference with banana splits, whether you enjoy certain flavors of ice cream – strawberry, vanilla, or chocolate – you can adjust your cocktail accordingly. Enjoy the perfect dessert martini today with a banana split martini – and feel free to garnish it with a maraschino cherry on top!