There’s quite a bit of competition out there for the most disgusting looking shot. The Squashed Frog is a perennial favorite, but the Alien Brain Hemorrhage is the one that set the bar.
There are literally thousands of different shots, and the various ways you can combine ingredients in a 30ml receptacle are endless. The reason for the profusion is that creating a “signature” shot separates professional bartenders from people who just pour drinks.
Every professional bartender will create his or her own special concoction, which they hope will then become popular with their customers. The ultimate goal is to have the drink become a standard in establishments around the world, long after the inventor’s name has been lost or forgotten.
Whoever invented the Alien Brain Hemorrhage shot recipe certainly hit the target. It has become a popular “group shot” on both sides of the Atlantic. The challenge in making it is matched only by the subsequent realization that you might actually have to drink it.
Fortunately, an Alien Brain Hemorrhage tastes far better than it looks.
Here’s what you need:
- Pour the Peach Schnapps into a shot glass.
- Gently layer on the Bailey’s by pouring it over the back of a spoon.
- Add a dash of Blue Curacao by pouring from high above the glass. This will force the blue liquid through the centre of the “brain” and create the drink’s stringy tentacles.
- Complete by adding a few drops of grenadine, most of which will then sink to the bottom of the glass.
- Do your very best to enjoy.
- Shot glass.
- Cocktail spoon.