What a month March was, with St Patricks Day falling on the 17th of March where we released the Ultimate guide to St Patricks day 2017, including loads of new cocktails!
Along with that, we have added some great classics such as the Blue Lagoon and Ocean Breeze cocktails.
Although March is coming to an end, Spring will go on.
We have loads of fruity and seasonal cocktails to come to celebrate everything great spring has to offer.
Looking back at our March cocktails and some of the great photographs that will get you excited.
Lucky Leprechaun Rum Punch Cocktail
It sounds, as good as it looks, which is about half as good as it tastes.
The Green "Irish themed" cocktail made using fresh mint, Lemon-Lime, Pineapple Juice and White rum looks and tastes amazing.
Here is the shortened recipe:
- 1 Bunch fresh mint, remove stems and set some aside for garnish2
- 2 pkg Lemon-lime flavor unsweetened drink mix or lime jelly crystals
- 2 qt. (8 cups) Pineapple juice, chilled
- Bottle (2 L) carbonated lemon-lime soda, chilled
- 1 Bottle (750 ml) white rum, optional
- 2 Lemons, sliced
- 3 Limes, sliced
- 8 Bite-sized crunchy marshmallows
- 2 Tablespoons of honey
- Make the punch: Muddle mint with Kool-Aid in punch bowl or pitcher.
- Add pineapple juice; stir until mix is dissolved.
- Stir in soda, rum, and fruit just before serving.
- Decorative glass rims: place crunchy marshmallows in a zip lock bag and crush into small pieces. Pour out onto a plate and set aside.
- Pour honey on to a plate. Dip glasses in honey then in crushed marshmallows.
The Shamrock Sour Cocktail
The Shamrock Sour Cocktail is yet another St Patricks Day-inspired cocktail but can be drunken whenever.
Probably the easiest cocktail of the month the shamrock only takes a couple minutes to prepare and depending on how you like your drinks. A couple months to get down.
Let's have a look at the recipe
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 Cup simple syrup
- 2 Ounces Irish whiskey
- 1 Tiny drop of green food coloring
- 1 Lime cut into wedges for garnish
- Combine ingredients and shake well; strain over ice
- Garnish with a lime wedge and a shamrock stirrer.
Although the Ocean Breeze is more suited to the Summer time, it goes just as well in Spring.
Yet another easy to make cocktail, the blue colored alcoholic drink will cool you down on any hot days you might have in Spring.
- 2 oz Coconut Rum
- 2-second count 7-Up or Sprite
- 2 oz Blue Curacao
- Cherry for garnishment
- Fill your glass or shaker with purified ice (this taste better than tap water)
- Pour 2 oz of your Blue Curacao, 2 oz of your Coconut Rum, and two-second count of sprite
- Shake your cocktail until thoroughly combined
- Poor into a glass of ice
I'm a big blackberry lover, I'll have them on near about's everything.
If you're anything like me, you will love this dark Rum, Chambord and blackberry drink.
Sweet, but not too sweet, tasting as good as it looks in the photos.
- 125ml of the finest blackberry coulis
- 250ml of dark rum (Kraken Dark Spice)
- 60ml of Chambord blackberry liquor
- 30ml of the freshest lime juice
- Blackberries to garnish
- Gingerale or soda water to fizz it up
- Swirl water in your glass than empty and add Ice
- Add your Coulis, Chambord and your rum to a cocktail shaker then add lime and shake.
- Strain the liquid into your glass of ice
- Top up with a little ginger ale or soda water
- Garnish with blackberries
The Famous Blue Lagoon
This extremely popular cocktail founded by a young man in New York is well known due to the bar's popularity and unique blue tone.
Served in most bars and pubs nowadays the blue lagoon can easily be made at home with just a couple Ingredients.
- 50ml. Smirnoff No. 21 Vodka
- 25ml. Blue Curacao Liqueur
- 150ml. Lemonade
- 1 slide. Lemon
- Fill a tall glass with cubed ice
- Add your Lemonade and Smirnoff No. 21 together
- Stir thoroughly until combined
- Add Blue Curacao Liqueur
- Garnish with Lemon
I hope you enjoyed this months cocktails, we will be sure to add more Spring inspired cocktails this month along with loads more interesting and creative ones as well.
Let us know what your favourite drink above is!add method