UK's most advanced online liquor store!
You'll see why!

Choose your Tequila wisely: White vs Golden

Aug 18, 2014 | Comment(s) | Post By Brodey Sheppard

choose your tequila white vs gold

We're all familiar with the infamous round of tequila shots which are commonly taken using white or silver tequila, a bit of salt as an aftershock for the senses and a slice of lemon to give some zip and zing. Tequila origin: The drink mainly comes from the city of Tequila which is in northwest of Guadalajara, the western Mexican state of Jalisco. Tequila is made from 100% Blue Agave plant, will say "Tequila 100% puro de agave". So, basically tequila is from Maxico. According to Mexican law, all tequilas must be made from 51% blue agave sugars, but the other 49% can be corn or cane sugars. Due to this technicality, many tequilas touted as being made from 100% blue agave are more expensive, without having a huge difference in taste.

Difference between White and Golden Tequila

During the process of distillation, tequila stays clear. It is only during the aging process that the spirit is colored, which gives it its different names.

Taquila White (or Blanco or Silver or Platinum)

White or Silver Tequila is clear and typically un-aged, where the true flavors and the intensity of the Agave are present, as well as the natural sweetness. It can be bottled directly after distillation, or White tequila is normally aged for less than 2 months and kept in neutral oak or stainless steel barrels. has a cleaner or a colorless appearance. White tequila is a more popular drink than gold tequila. Once it starts to age, it begins to lose its transparency, making it take on a completely distinct quality in terms of taste.

Some of the most famous White or Blanco Tequila Brands: Milagro, 1800, Patron Silver, El Mayor, El Jimador Blanco etc.

Tequila Gold

Gold Tequila is an un-aged silver tequila that is colored and flavored with caramel. These tequilas blends, or mixtos, and are very sweet and smooth making them perfect for shots and Frozen Margaritas. Unlike white teqila, gold tequila is not bottled straight aways, Gold tequila is aged for longer period. Aged tequilas are kept in oak barrels before bottling and pick up both color and flavor while they rest. Gold tequila has mellow taste than white tequila, which makes them more testier for direct shots.

Some of the most famous Gold Tequila Brands: Jose Cuevero, El Jimador gold, Don Julio etc.

In short, Gold tequila can be used as a shot while white tequila is best when used in mixed drinks. Unlike gold tequila, white tequila is bottled straight away (just after 2 months of making process). Gold tequila is aged and testier tequila. So, from given information you can choose your tequila wisely. Right? Mention your favorite brand of tequila in comment box.

There are basically 4 types of tequila, remaining ones are Tequila Reposado (means rested and aged) and Tequila Anejo (extra aged) Liquor Online is an ideal place to look for and order your favorite brands of tequila. We have most iconic brands of tequila present here on our site. Checkout our liquor collection.

online tequila store

TAGS

tequila, agave, silver, gold tequila, white tequila

ABOUT AUTHOR

Photo of Brodey Sheppard

Brodey is an enthusiastic marketing and advertising strategest out of the Sunshine Coast, Australia. Brodey has always been passionate about liquor and alcohol in general. You will find Brodey on the weekends either out on the football pitch kicking goals or down the lake with a glass of wine.

View all posts by Brodey Sheppard

RECENT ARTICLES

The Ultimate Guide to amazing layered Cocktails and Shooters The Ultimate Guide to amazing layered Cocktails and Shooters

The ultimate guide to learning how to pour a layered cocktail, including de... Readmore

Jun 13, 2017 | Comment(s) | Post By Brodey
March, 2017 Cocktails of the month March, 2017 Cocktails of the month

What a month March was, with St Patricks Day falling on the 14th of March w... Readmore

Mar 27, 2017 | Comment(s) | Post By Brodey
14 Shocking Facts About Jack Daniel's Whiskey 14 Shocking Facts About Jack Daniel's Whiskey

Jack Daniel's was a mysterious man with many questions left unanswered. We ... Readmore

Mar 18, 2017 | Comment(s) | Post By Brodey
Ultimate St Patricks Day Event Guide for 2017 Ultimate St Patricks Day Event Guide for 2017

Hosting an event this St Patricks Day? We have you covered with games, alco... Readmore

Mar 05, 2017 | Comment(s) | Post By Brodey
15 best drinking accessories for 2017 15 best drinking accessories for 2017

If you're a drinker like I am you will respect the weird, and the wonderful... Readmore

Feb 26, 2017 | Comment(s) | Post By Brodey